Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Limited Ingredients? No Problem.

Every month around this time, my food supply starts dwindling. I still have food to eat but making meals takes a little more creativity at the end of the month.

Tonight, I decided to make something with ground beef. I checked my pantry and by using my imagination, I put some things together to make Chili.

Cupboard Chili
Ground beef (as much or little as you want)
Salsa (as much or little as you want)
1-2 cans of beans (pinto, black...)
2 cups water
1 package chili seasoning (you can buy these for 25 cents at the grocery store)

Brown the ground beef.
Add the water, beans, seasoning and salsa.
Simmer the chili for as long as you want.
Eat!

The good thing about chili is that you will probably have enough left over for lunch the next day AND chili gets better in the refrigerator.  

The total cost for this chili is probably like $3, depending on how much of each ingredient you use.

No comments: