Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here's The Deal...

I am moving to a new apartment on Saturday(!) which means I will actually have a kitchen to cook in. I'm not sure I can adequately express how excited I am via the internet but if you know me, you know this is a HUGE deal.

Personally, I love blogs that show pictures of the food they are speaking about. I am going to ask Joe really nicely if I can use his digital camera in order to broadcast pictures of my new vegetarian cuisine. 

I'm hoping that this will make my blog a lot more interesting and relevant and possibly introduce people to the great foods you can make without meat. 

With that being said....

I made an incredible minestrone soup the other night. Joe said it was the tastiest thing i've ever made -- talk about a compliment.

Vegetarian Minestrone Soup:

3 Cups Vegetable Stock
1 Can of Beans (I use black beans)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1/3 Cup Onions
1/3 Cup Carrots
1/3 Cup Celery 
1/3 Cup Zucchini (Optional)
Other vegetables you would like to throw in
2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
Pasta

1. Saute the onions in a little olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the beans, tomatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, other vegetables and vegetable stock.
3. Mix the mixture and let it simmer for about 25 minutes. 
4. Add the pasta to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Check the pasta for doneness and eat!

No comments: