Sunday, July 19, 2009

UPDATE:

I have finally acquired Joe's camera and will now be taking pictures of my food!

Tomorrow I start the South Beach Diet to lose some of the weight I've gained from eating all of my baked goods. I have studied the recipes and I know I can do it. Starting tomorrow, I will show most of the food I make so if anyone else wants to get in on a little South Beach action they can.

I'm also going to track my weight loss, which I hope will reach the 20lb mark by my birthday. 

So until tomorrow, I'll leave you with a great dish I made the other night; Chicken stuffed with Feta and Spinach.


Chicken Stuffed with Feta and Spinach:

1 Chicken breast per person
2 Cups spinach (I like baby spinach)
1/4 Cup feta cheese
1/2 onion - diced
salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 365
Beat the chicken breasts so they are flat and thin and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Dice the onion and saute in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add spinach to onions to wilt.
Once the spinach is cooked, add the feta chese and some salt and pepper.
Add the spinach and cheese mixture to the chicken and roll up the chicken.
Using a toothpick to hold the chicken together works really well.
Lay the chicken on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with some olive oil.
The cook time will depend on how thin the chicken breasts are. They should take around 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: